Moonlight Musicals is seeking a full-time Academy Director for the Moonlight Arts Academy.
The Academy Director will oversee the operations for the Arts Academy and work to foster growth in the program as we train the next generation of musical theatre technicians and performers. The Moonlight Arts Academy is an after-school program that caters to youth in the Lubbock and South Plains area seeking opportunities in musical theatre. Students will learn Acting, Singing, Dance, as well as technical skills such as design and management.
This is a full-time salaried position however, applicants who can only commit to a part-time schedule are still invited to apply.
Duties of the Academy Director include but are not limited to:
- Directing regular performances of fully staged musicals and showcases
- Hiring teachers for workshops and semester classes
- Scheduling Academy events and performances
- Working with the Executive Director to prepare and disseminate marketing for Academy classes and recruiting events
- Collaborating with local School Districts to provide our students multiple opportunities for performance
- Developing a concise curriculum to ensure every student has applicable knowledge of theatrecraft
- Minimum Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in Fine Arts
- 2 years teaching children in Fine Arts
- Experience with large casts and the ability to clearly communicate with Parents
Interested applicants are asked to send their current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moonlight Musicals is supported by people dedicated to their community and the arts. In order to display the widest possible variety of artists, all production roles are contracted out on a per-show basis. We are always on the search for individuals who can help us further our mission to entertain, educate, and provide opportunity with live musical theatre, enriching lives in Lubbock and the South Plains.
Interested applicants should fill out the application and send it to email@example.com.