Moonlight Musicals is supported by people dedicated to their community and the arts. At times, we will be on the lookout for skilled individuals who can help us further our mission to entertain, educate, and provide opportunity with live musical theatre, enriching lives in Lubbock and the South Plains.
Interested applicants should send their resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Click the position titles to learn more about them.
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Exempt Employee
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Lubbock Moonlight Musicals is an established musical theater production company dedicated to entertain, educate, and provide opportunities with live music theatre, enriching lives in Lubbock and the South Plains. Moonlight Musicals is searching for an experienced individual to serve as our Development Director. This person will work to expand the donor and audience base, develop business sponsorships, and identify and maintain grants. The applicant should be an enthusiastic storyteller who is passionate about the arts, helping Moonlight Musicals achieve its future goals. Moonlight Musicals is a family-friendly company focused on excellence in production, performance, and education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and execute an annual fundraising plan to meet fundraising goals
- Provide leadership to development team and staff
- Prepare and present regular progress reports toward fundraising goals to the Board
- Plan and execute special events, galas, and receptions
- Work with the Executive Director to identify new and manage current grant writing efforts
- Assist with marketing efforts in designing, developing, publishing and release of media resources
- Maintain and develop donor, sponsorship, and corporate relationships
- Network and maintain regular correspondence with donors and local businesses
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Strong identification skills of opportunities for development
- Strong enthusiasm for musical theater, community theater, and arts education
- Growth mindset to problem solve and think creatively
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
- Self-starter who develops relationships easily
- Proficiency in database, spreadsheet, Microsoft Office, and social media
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the local philanthropic community
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Arts Administration, or equivalent
- Minimum five years of fundraising, sales, or non-profit experience
- Proven track record of meeting fundraising goals and securing major gifts
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates for the position will be required to submit up to three letters of recommendation.
Moonlight Musicals is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job related disability, or marital status. All employees of Moonlight Musicals are expected to follow in accordance with the guidelines illustrated in the Moonlight Musicals Civility and Behavioral Code of Conduct. All employees serve as a representative of Moonlight Musicals and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of Moonlight Musicals and the general public.